The University of Rouen Normandy cares about making higher education accessible to all. Our aim is to foster innovation and new teaching practices, help students succeed and get their first job, and boost internationalisation.
As a multidisciplinary institution, the University of Rouen Normandy (URN) offers students a range of courses in promising fields, such as digital technologies and sustainable development, as we are well aware of the challenges students face, now and in the future.
The university’s higher education offer is structured around three study cycles that are common to the European area – also known as the BMD system:
- B: Bachelor (three years of study after obtaining the Baccalauréat (French high school diploma/A’levels)
- M: Master (five years of study after obtaining the Baccalauréat)
- D: Doctorate (eight years of study after obtaining Baccalauréat)
The University awards diplomas – from two-year diplomas (DUT) to Doctorates – in the following fields:
- Economics, management
- Integrative biology, medicine, the environment
- History, memory, heritage, languages
- Humanity, societies, risks, geography
- Mathematics, information science and technology, systems engineering science
- Physics, engineering, materials, energy
- Teaching professions
Spread across 7 campuses, the University of Rouen Normandy consists of a total of 12 faculties, institutes and schools:
- 6 faculties – Health Sciences; Law, Economics and Management; Science and Technology; Arts and Humanities; Human and Social Sciences; Sport and Exercise Sciences
- 5 institutes – 2 IUTs – Institut Universitaire de Technologie (university institute of technology); IPAG – Institut de Préparation à l’Administration Générale (public management school); IAE – Institut d’Administration des Entreprises (business management school); INSPE – Institut National Supérieur du Professorat et de l’Education (teacher training school)
- 1 school – ESITech – École d’Ingénieurs (engineering school)
We also have a centre for continuous training and work-based learning (CFCA), which is in charge of supporting work-based learners and people going back to studying or following continuous training, and of providing advice to candidates and companies.
Study and international
Being open to the world, giving international students a first-class welcome and internationalising our courses are just some of the reasons why the University of Rouen Normandy has made international reach a key strategy.
The University of Rouen Normandy offers dual or combined degree programs:
- Combined Master’s degree in “European Law” in partnership with the University of Hanover (Germany), the University of Lisbon (Portugal) and the Mykolo Romerio University in Vilnius (Lithuania).
- Dual Master’s degree in “Heritage and History” in partnership with the University of Trieste, the University of Udine and Ca’ Foscari University in Venice (all in Italy).
- Combined Master’s degree in “Mathematical Modelling and Analysis” in partnership with the University of Augsburg (Germany), the University of Seville (Spain), the University of Naples Frederico II (Italy) and Tomsk State University (Russia).
- Dual Master’s degree in “Material Sciences” in partnership with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (United States)
- Dual Master’s degree in “Sports and Exercise Sciences – Social construction of exercise and sports/Marketing and management of sporting cultures” in partnership with the University of Quebec in Trois-Rivières (Canada)
At the end of their studies, students having taken dual degrees obtain two Master’s degrees from two different institutions.
For the combined Master‘s option, students are awarded a degree jointly signed by all the partner institutions.
Last but not least, the University of Rouen Normandy offers several distance learning degrees:
- Professional Degree in “Careers in international trade” from Ho Chi Minh City Open University (Vietnam)
- Professional Degree in “Logistics and Distribution” from the University of Thuongmai in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Professional Degree in “Banking – Marketing of banking products and financial services” from the University of Thuongmai in Hanoi (Vietnam)
- Master’s degree in “Sales and Marketing – New approaches to consumption and the digital environment” from the ISG business school in Casablanca (Morocco)